Monday, July 30, 2007

The Dark Knight

Hello everyone. I'm Belkis and this is my first blog posting...weeeee!! So my good friend, James Rodriguez, totally send me a link to the movie trailer for the THE DARK KNIGHT which is a sequel to BATMAN BEGINS. I wasn't particularly impressed with BB. I guest I was too in love with Tim Burton's style to picture anyone else working on this series (considering the fact that Joel Schumacher did not live up to my expectations as Burton's successor). However, I did see the trailer for THE DARK KNIGHT and I must say...it looks good. Even though the trailer doesn't give you much visual, here are my reasons as to why this particular BATMAN movie will be a box office hit. First, let's thank Christopher Nolan for putting the dark back into Batman and coming back to direct the second installation of this reprised franchise. Secondly, Christian Bale is back playing the title role. Nothing beats having the main actor coming back for the sequel especially when he did a good job in the first place. Sorry Val Kilmer and George Clooney. Also, he's still young and could definitely appeal to the next generation. Again, sorry Val Kilmer and George Clooney. Next, our favorite villian is back and this time he will be played by Heath Ledger. This will be something to look forward to considering the fact that I would never picture Heath Ledger to be the next Joker. However, he is a good actor and Jerry Robinson who co-created the basic concept of the Joker was his consultant. This means that they wouldn't expect anything less from Ledger. Don't want to give too much away. It will only make me more eager to see it knowing that it opens NEXT summer! Here is the link for those of you who want to watch.... http://youtube.com/watch?v=5lPz9qFZ8EI or go to www.whysoserious.com. ENJOY!

-Posted by "Just" Belkis

No comments: