Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hold The Table

Here's something that happend to me a while ago, but I hadn't thought about it until I found out that the SDCC is sold out (for the 4-day passes, yes already).

A few weeks ago I was at the C.A.G. Indy after-party for the NYCC. I was talkng with a few comic guys about my not being able to get a table for the SDCC of last year. A good friend of mine did have a table, but wasn't sure if he was going to attend. At the party, it was suggested to me that I just should have hijacked the table (because when I got there, the table was empty). I replied that I was too afraid that I would have been caught and kicked out of the con. Then, it was suggested that I say to anyone that came along, "Yeah, I'm just holding the table till the guy gets here.". And Since I knew that A-I would have had the blessing of my friend to sit there and B-aat that point in time I knew he wasn't going to attend, it would have been fine for all involved! Of course this revelation was about 7 months too late! Live and learn, live and learn....

No comments: