Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Walking the line

As the convention season gets closer, I am starting to think about how to work a con (having a table, or doing interviews/networking) and be a fan at the same time. After all, I like going to cons, and I am a fan of many things they have to offer. But I also have a company to run. So I have to balance work and play. It's not as easy as one would think. I mean how do you choose between going to interview (let's say) Joe Quesada, and going to see a (let's say) Harlan Ellison and Peter David panel? When do you go to buy some comics/movies as opposed to handing out fliers? It's a little different when you are by yourself at a con (you stay at the table), but when you can do both, you should. After all, what is the point if going to a con if you are not going to enjoy it?

MFC-Studios is going to be at the I-con, the NYCC, The Big Apple con, the Wizard Philly con, and the SDCC in some way shape or form. And I plan to do as much as I can to promote the radio show, and have the best time going to panels, seeing movies, and meeting my favorite comic guys.

No comments: