Tuesday, February 20, 2007

New York Comic Con

While I probably will be talking about the con afterwards (on next Tuesday's blog) and I know for a fact that it will be the shows topic on our 3/1 show, I wanted to say how excited I am to finally be able to attend the convention.

See, (as some of you may know) last year was the first NY Comic Con at the Javits center and the head liners were Milla Jojovitch (sorry if I spelled that wrong) and the wrestler Kane (I know I spelled that right!). Anyways I got three of my friends to come with me and we were going to get tickets at the door (which is not uncommon when going to these things). We got there at Noon on Saturday.

It was sold out

There were police and lines almost around the place and we couldn't get in. I tried to call a few of my contact in the industry who were already inside and even they couldn't get us in. The stories of what when on in there were amazing from "It was insane." to "it was way crowded." to "I too couldn't get in.". But I (now more than ever) am curious to see how it really was in there.

Now is my chance.

Roughly one year later, I get to go in. I have a Press Pass (thanks to the fine folks at the con and the fact that I have my radio show back). So that means that I will have no problem getting in. Once I'm there....unfortunately I know I will be overwhelmed. But Rome wasn't built in a day and I have to build it my self, so I'll take as much in as I can, have my fliers and business cards ready, and hope for the best.


10/21/08 update: It's funny, looking back at all this. I think we still have like maybe 2-3 interviews from that con that still hasn't seen the light of day. Another "pay for play" issue.

No comments: