Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Steve Gerber

Another Death....

Seve Gerber. Best known as co-creator of the Marvel Comics character Howard the Duck.
Some little (well, little to me) known facts about Steve, He created the animated Thundarr the Barbarian cartoon, He was one of the founders of the Malibu Comics Ultraverse, co-creating Exiles, and he worked in television animation, working as story editor on the animated series The Transformers, G.I. Joe, and Dungeons & Dragons. Last year he was diagnosed with an early stage of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis which meant that he needed a lung transplant. while still working on a new DR. Fate comic, he died in a Las Vegas hospital from complications stemming from his condition.

What really hits home for me is that I went to his blog and he was allowed to use his lap top on the hospital. His final thoughts and words are...well, they are something to read. Just thinking about his mindframe during that time. it's just wow.... He was 60.

I can't say I was a "fan" but I enjoyed his run on The Sensational She-Hulk.

No comments: