First let me say a few things: I hated the first Transformer live action movie (LOVED the original however). Second, I just found out a little bit of information from my friends over at Comicmix with that in mind, let us continue....
This is a free flowing conversation and spoilers (most likely) may be mentioned.
Yeah, this is what this movie really is about. What can I say about Megan Fox that hasn't been said? She was one (of two) reasons I went to see the sequel. But enough about the fluff. What did I think of the plot, story, the special effects? Well, I just can't say this enough. I like things to make sense. Even with guilty pleasures at least some of it needs to make sense. I enjoy stupid comedies, but they don't take themselves seriously. Transformers takes itself very seriously (during the serious parts of the movie). Since that is the case, then I usually do the same.
Before I go into all the problems this movie had, let me say a few (actually four) good things about it.
1) Frank Welker. I was so excited that he voiced Soundwave in the movie. As most of you may know, he was the original voice of Megatron AND Soundwave (to name a few) in the cartoon. Of course, (for some reason) he still wasn't good enough to reprise Megatron in this movie....
2) The fight where Prime dies. Even tho it was hard to tell what was going on and who was who, Seeing Prime kick some serious butt is always awesome.
3) Optimal Optimus. Even tho he really didn't look like it, when Prime was...upgraded it reminded me of the cartoon Beast Wars where Prime got a similar upgrade.
Lastly, 4) Dog/Robot humping....that's just really funny.
Now onto my questions/problems:
1) Why is it when Spike died and went to..Transformer Heaven he was told that one doesn't take the matrix, one must earn it. Only 5 minutes later does The Fallen come by and say "Thanks for the Matrix!" and TAKES IT!
2) There are two pieces of the All spark cube left: the military has one under lock and key, and Sam discovers another. How is it that a) it can be used to bring back Megatron (even tho it killed him in the first movie) and not bring back Prime? Why go all over the world when they had the answer with them the whole time?
3) How did Ravage get back into space? He was launched from Soundwave in space twice....
4) The robot had a gold tooth!
5) If they can make a terminatrix why do they even have giant robots? They can infiltrate and you know...kill humans much better than any Transformer.
6) Sooo, what exactly was The Fallen doing throughout the entire first movie (or even all the time while Megatron was frozen in ice)? just sitting around on the moon (or some other planet)?
7) If the Fallen could only be destroyed by a Prime, why didn't the originals just gang up on him back in the day?
8) Speaking of The Fallen and the Primes...Why not just destroy the Matirx?
9) How does one satellite receive transmissions from everywhere on the planet? And in the original movie aren't they susceptible to cold based weapons? Hey Micheal Bay, In space it's cold! (as he counts all the money he's made!)
There is so much more I can ask....but I'll end with
10) If the source of power is the sun, then why did they land on earth? If there was an energy source, wouldn't you build closest to the source (like say Mars or Mercury)?
I'd say don't watch it, but based on the numbers, you already have!