Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Power Rangers

As many of you know (or should by now) I am a HUGE Power Ranger fan. This past weekend while doing my daily timer recordings, I came across a listing on ABC that read "Might Morphin' Power Rangers: NEW". Now I know that MMPR was the name of the original series 16 (yeah that long) years ago. Since then there are new shows which (some more than others) are connected to the orignal series. The lastest, would be RPM.

So it stroke me as odd that Disney would call MMPR "new". Later that day, I found out that Disney took the old footage and...(for lack of a better word) tried to...um..."update" it.

Let me go on the record by saying they failed miserably and I really really dislike what they did to one of my favorite Tv shows. It's as if they took something (that let's face it wasn't shakespear) and crapped all over it to try to appease the yunger (ie: target) audience. I'll let the videos speak for themselves:



The original

2010 version

No comments: