Tuesday, March 2, 2010

sign of the times

Times are rough. The recession hit me as much as everyone else. When things are tough, certain things had to be sacrificed. For me it was comic books. For some time I have not opened a comic, read anything about comics (well, the titles I normally read anyways) nor found out what has happened to my favorite characters.

It's weird, really, that all this time has passed and I have no idea as to how many of the story arcs that I had to leave behind have been resolved. And despite the fact that I have been to a couple of cons since I stopped reading comics, I still have taken pride in not knowing what the hell is going on.

On the other side, (because of connections with my Indy and mainstream friends) I know alot more about the buisness end of things. I wonder if when things turn around for me (as well as my company) will I bother to pick up where I left off in comic book world......

No comments: