Wednesday, March 7, 2007

late

Well, just by a day, but if I am to be complaining about others, then I have to lead by example. That being said, I still have a huge pain in my tooth (which is part of a second root canal that I will be getting). If you remember (and shame on you if you don't) I had missed the first episode of "The Comic Book Novice" because of dental work. That work is still on going.

anyways....

While I had many ideas on what to write about yesterday, since I just received an e-mail from an FM station, I think that is what I'll talk about today.

As you all know, my show airs on the radio via an AM frequency. Now there is nothing wrong about AM, but you get that "oh" look when after saying you have a radio show, then following it up with "it's on 1240 AM". But I'm starting to get used to that. Now I just got contacted by am FM station, Granted it would be the same deal as I have with WGBB, but I think it would give me a little more clout. Obviously more people are listening to the show, or (at very least) know of my show than the first time around. But I think it would be easier to get some advertisers with and FM flag to wave in front of them.

On the other hand, the station is much further out in Long Island, and being an FM station, I'm sure the rates and overall way things work over there will be higher (which may or may not work to my benefit). So for right now I think I'll take a peek into this and see what they have to offer.

Best case scenario would be that the FM show pays for the AM show, and I'll have two different shows on the air at the same time. I can see the slogan now:

"The Comic Book Novice" two shows, two stations, same team......

10/21/08 update: Yeah, It just wasn't in the cards for that FM show. As it turned out, the internet was where most of my listeners were tuning in. So I feel that sticking with WGBB was the better choice.

No comments: