Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Still more behind the scenes

It's very odd to me that the shows sound different when listening to them on tape (or online). When I'm in the studio things are hectic. I forget to say a lot of things. I have to keep a constant eye on the time and give hand signals to the rest of the panel in the studio. During our breaks (about 1 minute each, we normally have 2 of them) I have to give feedback and and sometimes just take a breather.
When I actually hear the show, it seems to flow so smoothly. I sound like I know what I'm doing and everyone does their job. There is little or no indication of all the little things that go on in the station (unless it is mentioned on the air).
Another thing I find interesting is that some of the comments said in the studio don't come across the same way as they do on the air. Sometimes "Looks" are given, or maybe some one says something in jest, but it comes across as completely different when you don't see the facial expressions behind it.
I wonder if other radio shows are like this......


10/21/08 update: Another thing I noticed is that there is a delay with people in the studio and the call-in guests and it's even more apparent when we have 2 people on the phone. I have noticed similiar things with live news programs. I wonder if other do also.

No comments: