Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A little bit of everything

So as I take a break from packing a box to sent to Peter Palmiotti for the Wizard Chicago (http://www.wizarduniverse.com/conventions/chicago.cfm). I decided to let everyone know about any updates to "The Comic Book Novice" (and MFC Studios) world.

First off, the website is updated. We have added our "Official" theme song. It was composed and recorded by Brian Ferrera ("The New Gal" Jess' husband) from Terminal Press (www.terminalpress.com). I had always wanted a theme song, but it wasn't ready when we first started the radio show. so while the radio show will always have the "Spider-man" song, everything else will have the "Official" song.

All the archives are updated so you can hear all of our most recent shows that you may have missed (and shame on you if you did!).

We Have some contests. The folks at Wizard have given us 4 3-day passes. I'm going to give them away (Live) on the shows leading up to the con (2 this week, 2 the next).

"The Novice" Belkis has started posting in this very blog! (Hopefully) she will be updating every Monday while I will continue to post on Tuesday and Thursday.

The TV show (well, web-tv show...I know there is an official name for it....) is coming along nicely. I am working on the subject topics for the shows and everyone else seems psyched. The way I see it we "should" have the shows ready to put up on the site late September. Fingers crossed!

Lastly, Pete has put up some more of his pics on the "Pete's Pics" section of the website. Drop him, or us a line and let us know what you think!


10/21/08 update: Wow, it's funny how things were going nicely just before they weren't. I guess that is true with everything ("He was always alive until he wasn't", or "I always tell the truth 'cept when I am not"). Belkis didn't do much blogging, she (like Hassan and even Pete with his Pics.) just had too much a their "real" jobs to deal with. Maybe that is the problem there. I shouldn't be calling it a "real" job, I should be calling it a "paying" job.... Even better, I'm going to call it their "main" job. So their "main" jobs were taking alot of time away from this job (which part of it was blogging). Hell, this is my main job and I only posted once a week (mostly because I don't have much to say quite so often).

No comments: