Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Are we there yet?

It's funny, I almost forgot to post this week! (with the show now officially on wednesdays, I an doing two blogs on two different days) Anyways, at least 1 of the 2 things I mentioned comes to play. I had a discussion with my newest webmaster and I was told that she wants the site to be at it's best and she couldn't launch it until it was ready. I countered with, "What good is it being perfect when no one ever sees it?". This is an interesting argument. I mean does one launch a plane that isn't 100% safe? or do certain concessions have to be made to get it out there by a reasonable date?

I had a conversation with a friend of mine about this. We were talking about microsoft windows and how they seem to launch a large number of their programs with bugs still in it and fix it as they go along. Or any of those games that you play online (such as World of Warcraft or City of Heroes). They have what is called beta testing were people play the game and look for flaws or bugs. Eventually, they release the game and shortly there after (and for many years afterwards) they release updates or patches. So the game really is never "finished".

So at point does the (for lack of a better term) readiness, lose out to the demand of results? I really can't say.....

No comments: