Monday, July 7, 2008

Every period counts.

So I was sending the pages to the publisher and I noticed one of the pages was missing a period in one of the balloons "Holy Crap" I thought and I went to check all the other pages There were quite a few that were missing things things that I missed the first time around (then again I did just glaze over it to make sure it matched up what I had done previously) So I went back and went over each and every page with a fine tooth comb so that the finished product would be as professional as possible It is alot of extra work for my (re)letterer to go back in and add a period here and there but it really makes a difference As you can see here I purposely left out all the periods (and a few commas) and you can see just how important a little dot can be

For those who want a side by side comparison:

So I was sending the pages to the publisher, and I noticed one of the pages was missing a period in one of the balloons. "Holy Crap!" I thought and I went to check all the other pages. There were quite a few that were missing things. Things, that I missed the first time around (then again, I did just glaze over it to make sure it matched up what I had done previously). So, I went back and went over each and every page with a fine tooth comb so that the finished product would be as professional as possible. It is alot of extra work for my (re)letterer to go back in and add a period here and there, but it really makes a difference. As you can see here I purposely left out all the periods (and a few commas) and you can see just how important a little dot can be.

No comments: