Sunday, July 6, 2008

First time for everything

With the pages finished, I decided to add the cover for the second issue to the book. I called in a favor from artist Jamie Fay (you can see his work here http://windriderx23.deviantart.com/ and at Drumfish Productions).

There was some mis-communication between he and I and he send me a finished piece without a preliminary sketch first! Well, as it usually happens, I wanted a few changes and Jamie would have to re-draw everything to accommodate me. That's not fair to him since it was a favor to me, so I did it myself. I have to say, I have no idea how anyone can "draw" using a computer and a mouse. It's freaking hard and oh-so time consuming. Using Photoshop, I added/erased a line here and there and it took me about 2 hours to do (and that was without a break). More power to all of you who do it....

No comments: