Friday, July 4, 2008

Tickets please

So now that the car situation is taken care of, let's talk about the tickets. As most of you (should) know, the SDCC is not going to be selling ANY tickets on site. Meaning unless you buy them before, you are not getting in. As of right now, the web site says that they are all sold out.

I had planned to go to the SDCC since last year, and I sent in my application so I could get a table. It took them forever and I got turned down. Once I knew this bit of information, I immediatly bought 3 4 day passes (one for each of my "assistants" and one for myself. It was suggested that I try for a Press Pass. They are free, and they work just as well (if not better) than the 4 day passes. So I did. Just got my request under the deadline and now I had 6 passes! Refund time! Once again (with two of them anyway) I got in just under the wire and got my money back for them. However one person didn't get the info back to the SDCC guys in time so he decided to try and sell his pass on e-bay (which is legal). He got a couple of hundred for the pass where I only got my $75.00 back!

With my luck however, I bet that it wouldn't have worked out that way for me.

No comments: